Sooo, I'm starting a new blog thing, as I said. A thing designed to amuse me. I will post a picture every Friday, and, if you like, you can come up with a caption for it and post it in the comments. I will read them and I will judge them. Yes, judge them. No random number generator for this. I want to reward word-play because I love word-play. The writer of my favorite caption each week will win a copy of my picture book, "Martimus at Midnight", until I run out, and then I'll think of something else.
Every Friday a winner will be announced with the winning caption added to the photo and a new photo will be posted. If you win more than once you can choose to have me mail the book elsewhere to a friend, school, library, or donation site of your choice. My whims, sappy heart, and funny-bone will make the choice, and I'll cover my ears and hum should you argue. If I like a lot of captions it will be an eeny-meeny situation. Okay? Okay.
And now, I present the first photo:
Aaaaaaand, GO!
Every Friday a winner will be announced with the winning caption added to the photo and a new photo will be posted. If you win more than once you can choose to have me mail the book elsewhere to a friend, school, library, or donation site of your choice. My whims, sappy heart, and funny-bone will make the choice, and I'll cover my ears and hum should you argue. If I like a lot of captions it will be an eeny-meeny situation. Okay? Okay.
And now, I present the first photo:
Aaaaaaand, GO!









Alina was glad that, if the writing thing didn't work out, she could always fall back on her safety career, turkey serenading.
ReplyDeleteOH man, I would love to post some hilarious wordplay for this, but then I found this link and it all went downhill from there.
ReplyDeleteI present you with, The Turkish March, on -- wait for it -- the ukulele.
:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToXKAvo1DEQ&feature=related
*facepalm*
"I swear if she plays 'Tiptoe Through the Tulips' one more time, I'll peck both her eyes out!"
ReplyDeleteHahaha! Yay for participating Dana and John! Love them! :D
ReplyDeleteJess, that finger-play on that video is *almost* as good as word-play. Whoa. And, c'mon, "Turk"-ish March? I think you were on to something. ;)
"It's Tiny Tom, TOM...not Tim..."
ReplyDeleteGoodness, I'm awful at captions.
Teresa, I'd say you're pretty great at captions. :D
ReplyDeleteI'm just cranking out toddler jokes compared to John there with the graduated-summa-cum-laude jokes. LOL!
Delete